Students have returned back to school, football has officially started, and pumpkin is everywhere, it’s definitely September. I’m not ready to say goodbye to summer and warm weather, which thankfully hasn’t gone anywhere just yet. It seems like everywhere you look, we’ve moved on from slower days and focusing on the present, right into routines and holiday planning. I too am guilty of this, catching myself planning a Thanksgiving menu already. I took a step back and told myself “what are you doing?”, get outside a enjoy the hot sun as long as you can. But September does make it feel like a new season has already begun, and I’ve been feeling inspired, motivated, and empowered. I set goals for myself daily, and yearly, but I also do it at the beginning of each season. Although, it may not be Fall yet, and not that I’m rushing it either, I felt a seasonal rejuvenation to jot down goals for myself this season. My main focus is for self-improvement in all areas of my life. You shouldn’t want to settle even if you’re happy and content, you should always strive for more, and these are just a few images from the past weeks that have inspired and empowered me. Do you set goals for yourself each season, what are you planning to do this Fall? Whatever you plan on, have a great weekend.
1. Live a Happy Whole Life. I love The Everygirl’s monthly challenges, for September it’s about Self-Improvement, and for me that will include the things that fulfill me personally and career wise. Aim to be the best version of myself everyday.
2. Live sustainably, and find ways to give back to the community. Volunteer at a garden, learn more about horticulture, takes classes, support local farmers and organic businesses.
3. Embrace the season of Fall. Go apple and pumpkin picking, experiment with new pie and ice cream seasonal flavors, incorporate fall florals and decor into the home, create a fall drink, discover hidden gems and adventure near my hometown. Appreciate the change in nature.
4. Pursue your passions. Work on strengthening photography skills, dig deeper during meditations, do things that challenge my creativity, learn more about topics that interest me, and continue learning my ukulele.
5. Commit to yourself, your daily goals and tasks. Keep your vision and career in sight, and don’t judge any opportunity that comes my way. Show up, be present.