Let’s face it, celebrating Valentine’s day can be a love it or hate it holiday, whether you’re in a new relationship or married for years. Some of us choose to spend it casually by making dinner together with a good bottle of wine, while others like to go all out by jet-setting to Paris for the weekend, if you can do that. Regardless how you feel about the holiday it doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate the day of love in a romantic way that’s uniquelly you. As nice as going out to dinner is, a fancy restaurant can feel a bit cliche, not to mention crowded and often overpriced. So this Valentines let’s do something special with the ones we love, regardless your relationship status, by getting creative with one of these fun, totally doable and inexpensive, ideas put together by ProFlowers. And if you don’t have a significant other, these ideas are just as perfect to celebrate Valentines with the gals…
Spending Your 1st Valentine’s Together….
You both are officially a couple celebrating your first Valentine’s together, so instead of putting so much pressure on making things romantic, make this day fun.
- Attend a cooking class or make a romantic meal together. This will prevent any awkward conversation while waiting for your dinner to come, and will be a good test of how you work together. Make sure you bake up something sweet too, and then create a cozy private movie theater or play some classic games instead.
- Skip a formal sit-down dinner, and go straight to dessert and drinks OR plan a brunch date instead!
- Go Dancing! If you both love moving to music, take a salsa dance class or find a fun retro swing dancing club and dance the night away.
- Get moving, by going ice skating and sipping hot cocoa, rock climbing or even go-karting. This is perfect for those who’d rather skip the classic way of celebrating over dinner and prefer to get the adrenaline pumping, plus it allows each of you to step outside your comfort zone. For a truly magical day, take an early morning hike to watch the sunrise!
- Visit a Museum, Botanical Gardens or Attend a Play/Comedy Show. It will be fun to get lost for a few hours doing something that appeals to both of your interests with beautiful art, history, nature, music or lots of laughs.
- Get to know your favorite spots, by taking each other to your favorite places around town and talking about why it’s so special to you. It’s the perfect way to get know each other on a more personal level.
- Go to a Beer, Wine or Chocolate Tasting. Whether you have a sweet tooth or are both cocktail connoisseurs, what’s more fun than trying new things and discussing what you like and don’t like about what you’re sampling.
Images via : Paddle Board via Magnolia Rouge | Bicycle via Style Me Pretty
You Have History & Are Comfortable with Each Other…
You’ve been together for some time and are comfortable enough to be romantic while sharing some laughs. Take a walk down memory lane by doing things that made you first fall in love with each other.
- Recreate your first Valentine’s or date. Nothing like reminiscing about the early days of your relationship and swoon over the things that made you fell in love in the first place.
- Relax at the spa. No matter how long it’s been, it’s always nice to spend the day together by also having some uninterrupted and much needed relaxation.
- Tackle on a home project. It may not be the most romantic way to spend Valentine’s, unless you enjoy a good home improvement project like I do, but it will allow you spend it casually at home, with a bottle of wine if you prefer and finally tackle something on your to do list. By the end of it, you’ll be happy knowing you worked on it together.
- Cozy up with a Champagne Brunch in Bed. Champagne is totally required on Valentine’s day, and what can be better than leisurely getting out of bed to make a simple breakfast and then getting back in to savor your meal as if away at a quaint bed and breakfast.
- Plan a Couple’s photo shoot. When was the last time you took professional photos together, probably not since your wedding. I’m sure you’ve definitely changed, so why not make this the perfect opportunity to take a romantic hot air balloon ride and capture the beautiful moment together on film.
- Go to a dive bar and sing karaoke. How fun and carefree would it be to head to your favorite local bar and since karaoke with each other. If that isn’t your thing, then win each other over with song “dedications” on the juke box.
- Volunteer together, whether at a homeless or animal shelter, or taking action for a cause you both support, seeing your significant other sacrificing their free time for a worthy cause is pretty cool. It will be hard not to fall in love all over again.
- Gaze at the stars. When was the last time you both really looked up at the stars? Drive to a scenic location, far from city lights, and stare up at the beautiful nighttime sky. You’ll be reminded just how vast the universe is, and how lucky you are to have found each other.
Image via Once Wed
This print is filled with great ideas, so download it here and save it for Valentine’s day years to come…